Quick Spikes Online Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting this website. QuickSpikes, Inc. (hereinafter “QuickSpikes,” “we” or “us”) has created this Online Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us. This notice discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the QuickSpikes websites.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We don’t in any way sell or distribute your information to others, it is strictly for our use.
We use the information that you provide to respond to your requests, provide you with QuickSpikes special promotions, and to communicate with you. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us. You can enter certain information on the QuickSpikes Site including contact information, specifics about your QuickSpikes products, and billing information for order processing for consumer purposes.
• Automatic Information. Certain data is automatically collected from you and all visitors whenever you visit any of the QuickSpikes Sites. This data includes your IP address and the type of browser you use to surf the Internet. Your IP address tells us both your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the general geographic location from where you are connecting. We may also use your IP address to track the date and time you accessed the QuickSpikes Site, how long you stayed at the QuickSpikes Site, and what pages you visited. If you have configured your browser with your e-mail address, this data may also be available to us.
• Cookies. Like many websites, QuickSpikes makes use of “cookies” on the QuickSpikes Sites. A cookie is a file transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer so that the website may track your activities on the website. Cookies, by themselves, do not let a website know any personally identifying information about you, such as your real name, address, etc., unless you previously provided that information at the website or have set your preferences in your browser to provide that information. QuickSpikes does not collect personally identifiable information about any one person using cookies. Cookies technology allows QuickSpikes to keep track of the sites you visit and store your preferences. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
• E-Mail. If you contact QuickSpikes through the regular mail or via e-mail, QuickSpikes may keep a record of that correspondence. Any personally identifiable information contained within your communication will not be used for a commercial or unlawful purpose.
• Newsletter. QuickSpikes may produce a newsletter or email bulletin. If you choose to subscribe to this feature, you may be asked to provide your e-mail address and mailing address. Your e-mail address will be used only by QuickSpikes to distribute the newsletter and any promotions or marketing that we feel may be on interest to you. To no longer receive newsletters or bulletins, please review how in Section 4 of this Online Privacy Statement.
• Contests. QuickSpikes may occasionally run contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by QuickSpikes or our partners and sponsors. As part of entering the contest, QuickSpikes may request your name, age, e-mail address and mailing address. QuickSpikes may share such information with the third party sponsors. Any information supplied to a third party may be retained by such third party and will be beyond the control of QuickSpikes.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
QuickSpikes puts the non-personally identifiable information gathered whenever you visit the QuickSpikes Sites and the information volunteered by you to several uses.
• Your IP address is used to assist us in diagnosing problems with our server and to administer the QuickSpikes Sites.
• We may use the information provided to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behavior of the users and decide where to invest our resources. We may use this information to update the QuickSpikes Sites, to notify you about information that may be of interest to you, or display content for which you may have shown a preference.
• We may use personal contact information volunteered by you for promotional and/or marketing purposes.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
• Unless required by law, user information provided by you, including but not limited to demographic information, will not knowingly be shared with third parties that are unaffiliated with QuickSpikes.
• User information provided by you, including but not limited to demographic information, may be shared with affiliates or partners of QuickSpikes, and may be used for promotional and/or marketing purposes.
• QuickSpikes responds to subpoenas, warrants or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any user. QuickSpikes also reserves the right to release the information concerning a user who we believe is in violation of our content guidelines, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. QuickSpikes cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our servers for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any illegal activity to law enforcement for prosecution.
4. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE TO CONTROL MY INFORMATION?
You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or to opt out of permitting us to share your information with affiliates and third parties sponsors by sending us an email at email@example.com or sending us a letter at QuickSpikes 129 Clinton Street, Suite 2 • Hoboken, NJ 07030 and telling us that you do not want us to send you any communications.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT THE USER DATA WE COLLECT?
We employ several physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect collected user data.
6. HOW SECURE IS MY INFORMATION?
• We work to protect the security of your sensitive information such as credit card number and personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
• QuickSpikes reserves the right to change or modify this Online Privacy Statement at any time by posting such change or modification on this page. Users should check this page regularly for such updates. However, we stand behind the promises we make, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of the affected customers.
• This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party.
8. ORDER ACCEPTANCE
The receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation or an offer to sell. QuickSpikes reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity of any item and/or refuse service to any customer for any reason not prohibited by law. Orders shall be deemed accepted upon your acceptance of the terms of the invoice issued with the product delivered to you.
9. CONTACTING QuickSpikes
If you have any questions about this Online Privacy Statement, the practices of the QuickSpikes Online Store , please contact us or send us a letter at Quick Spikes LLC PO Box 1423 • Manhattan Beach, CA 90267